Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reflection



I started off only knowing that I was a graffiti artist. Now I know a little more. Graffiti is a way of communicating through your art. Hieroglyphics is a form of graffiti even though it was the alphabet for the Egyptians. It was still a way of expressing yourself through images. The pictures I use to draw to express my self changed throughout the years. I use to express my self by drawing dragonballz pictures. I got older and started making up my own cartoons. Than I started drawing words and pictures. Now I just mix everything up. During the process of this research my credible sources were jstor.org and a book called Graffiti and the writing arts of early modern England. I found both sites through Google scholar. I gained some knowledge and information about graffiti. The pictures I used for each post were from Google images. During the process of doing this project I did not think I would finish but I did. I picked a topic and stuck with it. I feel I could have done better but graffiti was a challenging subject. I still consider myself as a graffiti artist. Graffiti is still my favorite art style. One day I would to spray paint something like a train. I wonder how long would the picture stay on there. I wish I had some of graffiti pictures so I could post them on here but I do not. After all the research I have, I still come to say that graffiti would always be the art style that people look down on as something bad. Growing up I didn’t really know right from wrong but graffiti and just drawing pictures was one of the ways to express my self. My personal opinion is graffiti is the best way of art to express you.

1 comment:

  1. i completely agree thought i am way young i do agree with you about graffiti i love graffiti i think it is completly art that exprese the person that made it but i dont know near as much as you obviously!

    ReplyDelete