Monday, March 16, 2009


The reason I choose graffiti is because its my favorite art style. You can mainly do whatever you want to do.Graffiti kind is away to show your feelings and express your self threw your art talent. My personal experience with graffiti is that its been around me forever.A lot of my family members are good at art so I guess you could say that its in me to kind of have art skills. When I was in grammer school I use to make and graffiti shirts for my self. I use to make all types of designs. First I would draw a cartoon like mickey mouse and put my name in graffiti letters on the back.I wish I still had the shirt but I think I threw it away.I dont know if I could say this but I spray painted an abanded building with my nick name and a picture of bart simpson. When we had to do a graffiti project for art my 11th grade year I drew my nickname because its kind of my logo. My nickname has tae for how long as I could remember. I express myself by drawing that name all the time. I am a quiet person during school so I look at that side of me as being andrew. Tae is the free part of me the person who is always trying to express his self through any ways as he can.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew,

    You make an interesting point about how expressive graffiti can be. I wonder what kind of sources you can find about graffiti in other cultures. Is it the same? Are they expressing the same thing?

    ReplyDelete