Monday, March 9, 2009








The only things I know about graffiti is that it’s a type of art. There are some questions I have about graffiti such as is their person who just created it. Do people communicate through graffiti as like the Egyptians use to use horrific? Are there certain styles of art that’s graffiti? Why do some people hate graffiti? Example some people always look at it as vandalism. To me graffiti is one of the easiest art forms. Why isn’t graffiti art not worthies much as other art. Graffiti has been in my life for as long as I could remember. Art in general has allotted to do with the world, more than people think. Well an artist named Charlie hales says that threes evidence of graffiti from ancient times. Some evidence was found in places like Rome and Greece. I saw this information on (npr.org). There is allotting of graffiti artist in the world. I look at myself as a graffiti artist. Most people that are graffiti artist are free minded people. Having skills in graffiti could probably get you a job in advertising. I say that because people need a design for a logo to sell a product. That guts a lot to do with art. Where did the word graffiti even come from. Why do they call it graffiti?





4 comments:

  1. Andrew,

    You make a fascinating point about the way public art, like graffiti, has such ancient roots. You might want to also check out Scott McCloud's book, Understanding Comics, which might talk a bit more about the historical connection (I have that in my reading library). I'm really looking forward to reading your findings about the historical connection. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Is the post the appropriate amount (300 words)?: Yes it is 300 words.
    2. Rate (10 highest, 1 lowest) the clarity of the overall topic of research. 9 great work!
    3. Rate how well the visual illustrations add to the topic of the post. 10--You had a great picture of graffiti on the walls.
    4. Rate how well the post conveys what the author knows. 10- I believe you know enough about graffiti and you know how to do it also.
    5. Rate how well the post conveys what the author wants to know. 7- Because you know a lot bout doing graffiti.
    6. Offer two or three written positive (specific)comments to the author.I like the history you provided behind graffiti. You showed that you know what you are talking about.
    7. Offer two or three written constructive criticisms or questions to the author.
    Why did you choose this topic to talk about?
    The pictures that you used really showed that you understand your topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear ANDREW,
    I LIKE YOUR ART. COULD I USE ONE OF YOUR PIECES IN OUR SCHOOL MAGAZINE IF I OUT YOUR NAME UNDER IT?
    SUZI

    ReplyDelete
  4. F'King awesome bro.
    I grew up in the 80s and this used too be my life's blood. I'm glad there are still those carrying the flame of passion.

    ReplyDelete