Thursday, March 26, 2009

Personal experience


Graffiti has been a way of expressing me with out talking. The way I learned how to do graffiti was by looking at older family members draw. My drawings got better as the more I drew pictures. Looking at graffiti on buildings and pictures was an inspiration. The more advanced pictures with a lot of details in the picture made me a better drawer. Some of the pictures I drew I made them up. During the process of my graffiti I say my skills went up and down because sometimes I would stop drawing and take my attention off it to do something like basketball. When I was in 8th grade I had a basketball that I drew on with sharpie markers and everybody thought I bought it like that. I drew a picture of Mickey Mouse and wrote Mickey Mouse on it. I wish I would have sold the ball because somebody stole it from the court. I knew growing up it was not the right thing to draw on buildings but I and my friends did it anyway. We were all artist in our own ways. Most of us had the same type so style but some o of my friends were into music. The reason I am into art the way I am is because I have a lot of artist in my family to look up to. The main artists I use to look up to were my cousins. One of my cousins was real animated and my other cousin drew realistic things. I’m not as well as them but I hope tube someday. I picked up both of their skills. I think my animated skills might be a little better than drawing something realistic. Overall though drawing animation on walls was much easier for me. It was easy to draw a cartoon and make some bubble letters. I have never got caught for doing graffiti on walls but I really don’t do it no more. I m not saying I m going to stop completely because one day y I just might feel like doing some graffiti. I would try my best to get authorized permission and make some money off it or something.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me.

    Thanks!

    Joel Houston
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete